Friday 30 May 2008

A Perfectly Good Reason Not To Do Anything

I was much encouraged by the RSPB's monthly "Home for Wildlife" e-newsletter that landed in my inbox this week. Their tip for the month was to leave an area of the lawn uncut!! For me, that's great news, as you'll see from this photo.




This is the bottom half of my very very narrow but long garden. The bottom half is the half I have yet to get to, having spent the last few months slowly (very slowly) building a patio at the top end - the first step in the gradual and intended transformation of this garden.


For now, thanks to the timely advice from the RSPB, I feel less guilty looking down the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wildlife area you've got there. Very commendable :-)

Garden Sketcher said...

Thanks, easygardener.
It's amazing what can be achieved with some carefully timed procrastination and concentrated neglect!!